Preparing 150 Sandwiches
Step 1: Submit your request via our submission form located on the homepage of the web site.
Please include the number of sandwiches and the location where you plan
to drop off.
Step 2: Make an $8 donation via the Donate Page on this website. It costs approximately $8 for delivery and storage of 150 sandwiches. Your donation is greatly appreciated!
Step 3: Purchase supplies as follows:
- Meat: Pre-packaged turkey, chicken or turkey bologna products that make eight helpings
per package (two slices per sandwich). 19 packages is plenty.
- Cheese: There are packages of cheese that come in quantity of 72. Buy two packs plus another small eight pack. (one slice per sandwich)
- Bread: A loaf of bread generally makes 10 sandwiches. 15 loaves.
- Zip Lock Sandwich Bags: commonly come in boxes of 150. No fold-over bags please.
- Plastic Gloves
- No Condiments (butter, mayo, mustard, etc.) are necessary.
Step 4: Assemble sandwiches, place in ziploc bags and place completed sandwiches BACK IN THE BREAD LOAF BAG (each loaf bag holds 10-12 sandwiches). Be sure to DATE each loaf bag with the date the sandwiches were made (with a black permanent marker or a sticker).
Step 5: Consider purchasing supplies through Coborns Delivers. They have competitive pricing (5% discount for The Sandwich Project customers), FREE DELIVERY and give 5% of each order back to The Sandwich Project!
Contact Joe Rasmusson to place your order: (763) 656-5691 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 6: Drop off sandwiches at a drop site nearest to you. Please notify the location at least one day in advance so that they know you are coming. If you plan on making more than 500 sandwiches, please notify the drop off facility 48 hours in advance.
Storage: Please place the completed bagged sandwiches back in the bread bags.
Refrigerate/Freeze your sandwiches at all times at 41F or below.
Wash hands and all applicable preparation surfaces.
There will always be extras of something…do your best!